I can't believe it's almost November (it feels like we were just having our April showers yesterday!) which means we're in full swing of everything Fall. Gorgeous harvest produce, tree leaves turning beautiful colors, the evening chill and talk of the holidays.
Some of my most favorite weddings happen in the Fall with color schemes of neutral tones and browns with pops of orange, red and yellow. Warm soups made from harvest squash, salads with delicious apples and warm nuts, and dinners of roasted game and root vegetables. Meals that warm us inside made from generational recipes. That's my kind of Fall.
If you know me, you know by now that I love a good Signature Cocktail. When it comes to selecting a cocktail for your wedding day, always select what is in season. Seasonal ingredients are going to be the most delicious and cost-effective, and whatever you do, don't be afraid of being creative with the presentation. After all, weddings are all about the details.
Here is a fabulous Fall inspired cocktail to serve at a wedding or any Fall celebration or party:
|Apple Pie Cocktail|
- 2 apple slices
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar
- 1 pinch Apple Pie Spice (store-bought in the spice section)
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Core vodka (Hudson Valley Apples)
- Thinly sliced red apple, for garnish
- Muddle apple slices in agave, spice, and lemon juice.
- Add ice and vodka and shake well.
- Strain over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with thinly sliced red apple.