Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dahlias - The Floral Star of Fall

I get excited for the start of every season knowing that Mother Earth will start producing a new collection of the most stunning varieties of flowers for us lucky people to enjoy. To say the least, she has not disappointed us this year.

While shopping this past weekend at Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, I was in Dahlia heaven. I have never seen such an abundance of different sizes, varieties and colors of dahlias in my life. Pastel and deep hued blossoms of various varieties the size of a small watermelons were growing every where. If you live in the Bay Area, are in need of a shopping fix and love dahlias like I do, run to Stanford Shopping Center and enjoy them before they're gone until next year.

This past weekend's run-in with this lovely fall flower has made me even more excited about the upcoming nuptials planned for this coming weekend at Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley. The dahlia is the floral star in our fall ranch inspired wedding where she'll show up in fall colors of orange, ivory, white and brown. Photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment