Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vendor Spotlight: Presidio Social Club


As if my job isn't already fun as it is, it somehow gets better when my favorite things and work seem to marry together in harmony.

The Presidio Social Club is one of my most favorite restaurants in San Francisco and that's saying a lot because I get to experience some of the best places the City has to offer. I like it so much, I seem to find any reason to go - out of town client dinners, holidays, girlfriend brunches or to treat my assistants to Mimosas and french fries. I even had my 30th's birthday dinner hosted at PSC for 25 people.

PSC is where comfort food is perfected and meets fine dining at it's best. The service is impeccable, the presentation is gorgeous, but it's also incredibly approachable and relaxed. They use local vendors that supply only the freshest ingredients and are executed to their integrity. For example, they use a dedicated tomato vendor whom they lovingly call, "The Tomato Lady", who supplies them with amazing tomato produce all year round. I was eating the most perfectly tasting tomatoes yesterday in several dishes and not once did I feel I missed out on the taste of summer. This is a total fete considering it's January!

Their signature dishes are sensational, but if you are a true regular, then you know they have some special "secret" upgrades that aren't on the menu. Take their Mac'n'Cheese. It's kind of "to-die-for" and a total MUST if you go, however, I bet you didn't know that you could order it with Lobster, did you? Yes, Ma'am, you can. Another is their amazing Deviled Eggs. That also can be upgraded to add a little luxurious caviar on top, if you so desire (which I do).

As you can see, I can keep going on and on about PSC, but I will get to main point:
They now offer CATERING for special events. Weddings in specific. 

Back in December I attended a California Brides Magazine event hosted at The PSC where I met Veronica Romeyn, their special events director.  We chatted briefly about their service offerings and menu. With clients who were looking for the perfect short rib to serve on their wedding day, I got excited.

Yesterday's tasting with Veronica at The PSC was a fantastic experience. They certainly delivered to the degree and quality expected from their stellar reputation.

As a planner, I'm incredibly selective on my vendors and I typically stick to my A team players who I know for certain will deliver to the highest degree for my clients. However, when a vendor wows my socks off, I'm happy to make room.

For more information on The Presidio Social Club, contact Veronica Romeyn.

The Presidio Social Club
563 Ruger St
SF, CA 94129
415-885-1888
presidiosocialclub.com

3 comments: