Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekly Obssessions - BHLDN, Holman Ranch & Juliet Garden Roses

If you are a client, friend or an active reader of my BLOG, then you know I have an unhealthy obsession with wedding details, venues and fashion. How can I not? I get to see some of the most stunning venues, work with insanely talented and creative vendors and witness amazing brides walk down the aisle with grace and style. Tough life, right?

Well, here are this week's faves:

Gown: Millie Petal Gown by BHLDN

Millie Petal Gown by BHLDN

The weeks leading up to a client's wedding, I always try and make it a point to go to her last dress fitting. It's important for me to know the dress' mechanics so I can correctly bustle her before her reception and to see her complete style before she walks down the aisle. I like to see her final look before the big day so I can use her as a reference to fine tune any event decor details. After all, the bride is the most important wedding day focal point as she sets the tone and reflects her style throughout the entire event.

I'm already a big fan of all things BHLDN, so when one of my June brides stepped out of the dressing room wearing this Millie Petal frock, I swooned. Seriously, this dress is AMAZING and it fits perfectly for her summer garden wedding. I love the texture of the layered bottom and all the movement it will get in a breeze. With a price tag of $2,500, my bride got to splurge on some gorgeous Louboutin sandals without feeling any gilt at all.

If you haven't heard of BHLDN, check them out and thank me later.


Venue: Holman Ranch


Photo Credit: AJPhotographer

I'm a repeat offender when it comes to planning weddings at Holman Ranch. It's private, it's elegant and doesn't take or need much at all to make it wedding perfect. The venue is incredibly well-run, well kept and offers tremendous value for the overall cost. In my opinion, it's in the top five best places to get married in California.

Holman has sweeping views of the Santa Lucia Highlands, is on top of a mountain, has endless places to host a dinner reception, boasts sweet smelling fragrance gardens and is high-end without being stuffy. The rustic elements and colors of the adobes lend themselves nicely to any color palette and the carriage house is beyond charming.

I had a great time planning a fall wedding at Holman last year and look forward to working with the same amazing team of vendors for my clients from Houston next May.

Oh, and just because it's a ranch, that doesn't mean it hasn't seen it's share of Carolina Herrera, Monique Lhuillier, Vera Wang and Amsale. 



Flowers: David Austin's Juliet Garden Roses



As a wedding planner, I get to see and work with some of the most beautiful flowers Mother Nature produces, but there is only one flower in particular that I stop and smell almost every time I pass by it, the Juliet Antique Garden Rose.

This flower is a stand alone star. Whether it's part of a grand bridal bouquet or standing alone in a mason jar, it's amazing. It comes in various pastel colors and smells heavenly. This is a great outdoor wedding flower as it stands up to heat nicely and adds a special sophistication to any rustic fillers.

Request it on your wedding bouquet, you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. i like that wedding dress it is unique.. specially the place. it looks like very peaceful.. just like Texas Hill Country Land For Sale

    ReplyDelete